PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CPL Cross country suggestions...
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2008, 21:07
EK4457

Location: A place where something is or could be located; a site.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello, LH2.

I base the assertation on the FACT that UK has some of the most dense traffic in the world. Controlled airspace as a percentage of total country area is one of the highest in the world. Therefore, you need to have a higher degree of spatial awareness than most. Spain included. Fairly straight forward.

I know that the US has busy airports, and that parts of europe have complicated airspace. Im just saying that it is more compact in the UK. Add the WX into the mix and it is more challenging than most. If you don't like the view, then fine. Dull it is....

However, I think that you missed the jyst of my post. I was clearly pointing out that just because flying around Jerez is piss easy, why would that make it 'better' than the UK? I agree that 'better' is purely a subjective term. However, I would put a very convincing argument forward that easier flying is not 'better' flying.

"This is your Captain speaking. Sorry today's flight has taken twice as long, I just wanted to fly the easy route today"

Commercial flying requires commercial thinking. I don't care if its in a dull place or not.

EK