PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is there going to be any jobs left for me? :(
Old 8th May 2008, 21:04
maxdrypower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has a law been passed recently that Universities can only offer English as a subject choice????????? So you dont like Macbeth , well hay heres a thought study something else YAY!!! Result ! You have a passion for flying , excellent but your not willing to throw away a commision for it ????? Doesnt sound very passionate to me . Commisions are not the be all and end all .
Last bit of advice I think anyone should offer you . At almost every interview for flying jobs especially ab-initio , Sponsorships , part sponsorships , JN Somers Scholarships , CTC , RAF etc etc etc one of the criteria they always have is " Must have passion for aviation and how can you evidence this ?"
I dohbt very much the reply "Yeh im really passionate about it and I can afford to do it independantly but Im gonna wait and see if I get FC then ATCO then NCOa then RAFREGT then whatever etc etc and if I cant get them I ll wait till im forty then give it a bash , you see if that aint evidence of passion I dont know what is .
You go mate no one I know at Flight school who has given up everything and gone into debt living in caravans and eating Tesco value beans to achieve their goal has nearly as much passion as you . youll go far