PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2008, 20:14
Brian Dixon
A really irritating PPRuNer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Walter,
Jon Tapper asked an engineer to look at the RNS252 because on the previous sortie it was indicating that the GPS was seeing 5 satellites in view and tracking 7. The engineers ran all relevent function checks and no fault was found. At the time of the check, the GPS was seeing 8 satellites and tracking 7.

Flt Lt Tapper did not want to 'snag' the aircraft unless a fault was found or the item replaced.

This information was given to the BoI by one of the engineers responsible for checking the kit.

Also, how do you know the right turn (speculation) was deliberate?

PPRuNe Pop,
Hope you are keeping well. Patience....... Hmmm, I have to admit, I'm strugling a bit at the moment. Nothing significant on the horizon as yet, although I do know that Mr Browne was approached by a couple of MPs and asked when he was going to reach a decision. No definitive answer was forthcoming.

I think the only positive at the moment is that we haven't been given a 'No'. I'm sure we will have an answer as soon as the MoD realise the importance of the evidence presented to them.

Beags,
Thanks for the timely reminder. It may be prudent to keep that letter handy!

Caz,
Walter stated, "No offence regarding your age"... Hahaha. You're on your own with that one! Have you got a zimmer frame with a seat on it? (Joke, Walter, not poking fun at anyone).

Sorry there is nothing substantive to announce just yet, but I promise you all that the MoD are being continually reminded of our existence.

Regards, as always.
Brian

"Justice has no expiry date" - John Cook