PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is there going to be any jobs left for me? :(
Old 8th May 2008, 19:08
AWACS_bhoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok I appreciate opinions and advice but there is a line. This is not a wind up do you honestly think I would come on a professional forum like this to wind someone up? To be honest I wish it was a wind up because then I wouldn't have to be making such a big decision.

With regards to uni and education, who can honestly say they found studying English fun? I bet there is very few. I have no problem whatsoever studying and putting in effort for something I enjoy. I have a B at advanced higher maths, now anyone with a "cant be bothered" attitude will not get anywhere near sitting the course never mind a result. I enjoyed maths in fact it was my favourite subject so therefore I listened and worked hard at it as I do with everything im interested in, so before you even consider saying that I would not have a real go at it, try listening.

The reason I have put 4 ground trades before a flying one is 1.i was too tall for commissioned aircrew 2.I may have a passion for flying but I am not desperate that I would throw away a commission for it when I wouldn't even be in the cockpit and finally RAFREGO was a fallback.

I started this thread with a view to a simple answer but even that has proved too difficult for some people to grasp. I am confused and I have admitted it. Many different views from friends and families pushed me on to a forum looking for so called "professional" advice but instead I get people thinking this is all a big joke, it certainly is not!

Last edited by AWACS_bhoy; 8th May 2008 at 19:09. Reason: typos