PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is there going to be any jobs left for me? :(
Old 8th May 2008, 17:17
AWACS_bhoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Delay the Commission and go away to university grow older and wiser
University is a very very BIG no no! I have spent 13 years in an educational institute and im not about to spend another four. I am not the most academic person I have got the grades required and I could go to uni with them but I prefer to learn by doing I cannot sit and take notes during a 3 hour lecture on what Shakespeare is trying to say through Mac Beth, to be honest I’d rather become a pongo.

Another quick question for you to ponder......if you could join the RAF, but not as a fighter controller, would you still do it?
the answer is yes i had 6 choices down on my app in order of preference they were FCO,ATCO,Intelligence Officer,Flight Ops Officer,NCOa and Regiment officer.

I have come to a decision and it's the only one I can see myself doing right now and that is to change my PC to a SSC ,experience life as a FC and then decide whether to extend my commission or whether to do my professional flight training, that way I will have the RAF experience whilst getting paid and be able to save for my flying