PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Low-cost airlines safety and fear of flying
Old 8th May 2008, 16:13
mrkmmix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Low-cost airlines safety and fear of flying

Hello everybody,
This is my first post and let me tell you that (as a passenger) I've found a lot of interesting and useful info on these forums.
Like the title suggested I have great fear of flying. I absolutely hate flying and would avoid it whenever it is possible.
Few months ago, together with some friends, we have planned a trip to Germany to see a concert in Dortmund. Now, since I'm obsessed with safety I would have choose LH or BA but neither of those have direct flights from Bucharest to Dortmund - so we choose Wizair.
I know that Wizzair has a relatively young fleet (so they clame) of A320 and the maintenance is made by LH Technik and SAS but what concerns me are the pilots.
I mean no disrespect, but reading through this forums I've noticed that the payment for the pilots and flight crew is pretty small compared with BA for instance. And I know that you can not expect excellence without paying.
So my question is : should I be more afraid flying with a low cost airline like Wizz ? On average, are the pilots on these airlines less experienced ? I repeat, I don't want to offend anybody, I have great respect for the pilots and crew - this is why I post these questions here and not on Yahoo! Answers
Thank you in advance.
-M-