PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight bags
Thread: Flight bags
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2000, 21:35
FNG

Talking

Clearly there is a parallel dimension somewhere where all the coloured pens go and flight bags must act as portals to this dimension. It's presumably the same place where the teaspoons at the bottom of washing up bowls originate from.

Flight bags: brilliant! Wannabe an airline pilot? Don't bother with all that forty thousand-quid-frozen-ATPL-psychometric-test babble-interview-questions-crib stuff: just sit in that nice restaurant at Le Touquet (first one you come to near the hotels after 20 min stroll from the field). Last time I was there (with another PPL) we got a lift back to the airfield from the owner's charming daughter, who appeared convinced that we were pro pilots on a tight schedule, apparently on the strength of our rather naff flying bags with dogeared maps and broken wizz wheels sticking out of them. We must have been working for "Air Scruffy" judging by our elegant "uniforms". Glad I concealed the PilotsRUs logo on my cheapo mega-bargain numptie stude bag which, rather embarassingly, I still use.

Talking of losing stuff in your bag: try wearing what those laughing military types call a gro-bag. I borrow a horrid unwashed green one when I occasionaly go Tiger Mothing, and lose my keys, pen, wallet, flying licence and everything else in the 47,000 pockets within minutes of putting it on. Do all you nice Yak people out there have this problem?