PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - City Salute
Thread: City Salute
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2008, 10:46
colonel cluster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Christ!

You miserable load of old wan*&rs! Damned if you do, damned if you don't seems to be your motto!

So a bunch of people got off their arses and organised a tribute to our fellow servicemen, which got national coverage, an hour on prime time TV (yes BBC2 at 8 pm is prime time!), royal coverage, Jezza Clarkson (oh for he to be PM!) and all you can do is moan. I am sure if I look back through the numerous threads about supporting our troops, some of the same faces will come up demanding we as a nation do more. Well here is some of it! It may not be perfect, or made the whole world stop turning, but it helped in no small way. Try looking at the coverage and comments it created in the media.

If you can't for once get behind people who organise and give up time to do this, then either do it yourself, or get the hell out of the way!

Arghh!

Oh, try looking at Arrse if you want to read some good news about the event, from people who were there. (Ok, still one post about the length of ginger hair, but amongst the other 114 posts, thats much better than here!)

Last edited by colonel cluster; 8th May 2008 at 11:11. Reason: And another thing!