PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aerocare (Bethlehem)
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2008, 08:58
Peig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well what can I say SIC, but that you are 100% correct. Just look at the name of the person who wrote that piece (Crause) and then look on the webpage for the owner's name. Luckily the world isn't as full fof fools as some people would like, eh?
I can tell you right now that Crause didn't learn to fly at Aerocare. The school opened one year ago and this guy has flown 747s and has thousands of hours - how is this possible? The Accommodation at Aerocare is first class not to mention the 3 instructors but that's as far as it goes. They advertise CPL/IR/NR courses but don't do any of them. They have 2 Sambas which are quite nice and one ancient C-172 that has a cruise speed of approx. 95kts, broken stall warning horn, broken suction gauge, the artificial horizon is on the co-pilot's side as is the tachometer, the HI has to be set umpteen times, a T-scan isn't possible with the way the instruments are placed, no ADF, no Transceiver, no beacon in the area - I could go on believe me. So how can one do their CPL/IR or NR here? This place wouldn't be bad for a PPL but I wouldn't try it because runway 11 is theee most dangerous runway on this planet (uphill) - with numerous accidents already - and so that only leaves 29. Groundschool isn't offered here for any course so this means going to another place for this, which in my book doesn't make any sense.
This guy doesn't know what a goldmine he has if he ran the place properly instead of literally winging it. A few good 172s, proper runways, Groundschool and more instructors and this place would be fab. The instructors at this place are second to none I must say but the manager needs to get his ass in gear and quit promising people things on the phone and otherwise that he knows he can't deliver (and should also stop posting untrue entries on this site).