PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bombardier cuts Dash 8's
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2008, 00:50
Flyingblind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been discussing this with a few mates for quite a while, interesting development re early Dash 8's getting the chop.

I really cant see how a lower level operator is going to upgrade from Metro's to VLJ's,CRJ,Jungle Jets or the oft delayed 'C' jets.

Just simple economics really, fuel is heading north at a rate of knots that has to be seen to be believed and all predictions are its not heading the other way for quite a while yet. I would have thought new technology Turboprops would definitely have a role to play, not all routes need/require a jet due cost or distance.

So whats the thinking behind all the lost aircraft in the previous 10 years as posted by to infinity and beyond? are the manufactures aware of something regards jet ops that nobody else is? is P&W's geared such a game changer that affordable jet ops are now viable for all @125 USD a barrel?

Dream Mode/ON.

Perhaps its time for Australia to invent a modern,efficient,safe and affordable 19 seat turboprop, with say a nice financial incentive from the Federal Government and perhaps those terribly nice chaps from CASA could 'help' as well.

Brazil had gone and designed a range of successful aircraft, why not Australia? surly the new Government Report looking at Australian aviation could highlight the benefits such a program would bring to our industry?

Dream Mode OFF/.

yeah right!