PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 747-300...more problems
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2008, 00:09
gaunty

Don Quixote Impersonator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buster mate

Just wait to here the punters whining when they get put on the LAX run!!!!
Nah found that's a superb waste of time, just vote with your feet. I'm currently using an all 777 carrier for the long haul and fortunately dont have to use the Pacific route to the US.
I used to think the 744 was pretty good but how old are the current ones in QF service? Step off a 777 J class and onto a 744 J class and then tell me why Boing went that way, they are a world apart.

Mind you for $999 return across the Pacific, if thats what it means, how dare they complain.

Across Oz, they might be a bit quicker but the large numbers of pax make it less friendly if that was possible, and the intreriors are daggy beyond belief. On balance 737-800 or the A330-300 is the preference. We did have the luxury of the A330 out of Perth for a while which was a treat.

Having said that the American MD80 I had the pleasure of across most of the US the other night was older than methuseleh and I'm sure that whilst the 1st Class seats were leather they came as original issue. They still go like a rocket. American have over 400 of them and they have carried that airline through thick and thin. They always were a Douglas airline and these are the last of the Mohicans.