PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is it about the Wessex that makes people so fond of it?
Old 7th May 2008, 20:25
bast0n

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wessex 5

Look all you Pingers. As I understand it, no AS helicopter, in spite of all the millions of dollars/pounds spent on them has ever successfully used their sonars/autopilots/LS Edge to find and sink a submarine. All the while, all over the world since the parting of the Suez Canal, the Junglies have been doing an effective job in all sorts of areas, combining the operational effectiveness of old and underfunded aircraft with a joie de vivre unmatched by Pingers or Stovies.Will all you silent Junglies please stand up and tell us your stories? (Runaway ups and downs - stalling inlet guide vanes - being sick whilst drunk on the top of Snowden etc).I am bored to death with the minutiae of autopilots. Most of us managed perfectly well with an ASE. For goodness sake, you know you are too low when you hit what is beneath you. AS helicopters are as effective as throwing rolled up newspaper out of train windows to keep elephants off the line. I do it all the time, and it works. Have you ever seen an elephant on the line? No. No replies from the Indian subincontinent please. Oh god - I wish I had chosen my moniker more carefully! Some of you may have guessed who I am - be gentle.