PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NC Aircrew Crewman
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2008, 16:00
sisemen

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just an addendum to my last.....as I'm getting a tad angry at 1.4s posts. Tommy the RAF is supposed to be about teamwork and camaraderie. The 'old and bold' may well linger here (I'm one of them) but we each did our bit to make the RAF what it is, or should be, in the eyes of the public who we defend.

The majority of us hold to those high ideals. However, there is the odd tosser who seems to have a chip on both shoulders and this type of individual should be avoided at all costs. Listen to their opinions by all means but use good common sense and fairness in deciding whether those opinions are worth keeping.

Some people get a little bitter and twisted if their career is not going according to plan; if their boss, when writing their F6442 or 1369, says that despite the individual being reporting on believes that they are the best thing since sliced bread they actually aren't.

If you want to get a real feel for the comradeship and the true ethos and spirit of the RAF (and the other Armed Forces) then have a look at some of the pages on the "Neighbours at War" thread.

I doubt whether the likes of 1.4 would be interested in that sort of stuff because it has nothing to do with "self" and it also involved a lot of old has beens putting themselves out for others.

Rant over.