PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NC Aircrew Crewman
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2008, 13:18
TommyGun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c-bert, cheers pal...same as the Army's Royal Logistics Corps (or Really Large Corps).

Wader2, firstly thank you so much for spending the time to read my post as thoroughly as you did. I went to see the AFCO about a year ago and they said I was too old for pilot. My A-level results were modest, to say the least and I only have a ordinary degree. Also I played a little devil's advocate with the officer who interviewed me and he said that I had to make choice as to whether I want to be an officer or whether I want to fly. I made the decision to fly. With regard to Twin Squirrels, do 84Sqn in Akrotiri fly them for troop transport and SAR instead of the old Wessex? I wasn't sure whether the intelligence gatherers, early warning and reconnaissance aircrft carried Crewmen (loadmasters). Also do the VC-10s and Tristars carry them, or do Air-Engineers still exist in the tankers/transport aircraft? If I cannot get loadmaster/door-gunner, what would they offer me? I'll give the OASC snippet a read as well. Thanks again for all your input!