PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Allowances Check
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2008, 10:28
bonernow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First Brown and Darling pick a fight with the old bill and refuse to give them a pay rise citing inflation. Excuse me but 120,000 workers in a country of 65 million can be responsible for increasing inflation? When all they were awarded was a pay rise in line with inflation??

Next there is the whole 10p tax rate debacle (Don't get me started).

And now, they're scutinising tax free allowances within the airlines.

Is it just me or does this have the whiff of financial mismanagement of this country on an industrial scale?

And now Brown and Darling are doing there utmost best to claw back every penny they can from hard working citizens because between them they've made a complete of things?

But on the other hand, it's quite acceptable for MP's to "investigate" themselves over their "allowances".

And we the British just say "Oh well musn't complain, it's one of those things".

We need to take a lead from the French and get a bit more militant from time to time. It might make our esteemed leadership actually take notice of our anger. They may have had a good kicking at the local elections but I wouldn't expect things to improve any time soon.