PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glider Tugging
Thread: Glider Tugging
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2008, 08:10
MartinCh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks MIKECR.

I did my PPRuNe research in private flying forum. I also posted in some, envious, naturally. You're also poster in all of them so you know which ones I mean.

Naturally, FAA or ICAO PPL (If things go well, do my PPL in Argentina on taildraggers mostly next year or so) wouldn't be enough. But then, less exams to do to get JAA PPL :-)

After checking out other aerotow threads, it made me even more gliding hungry. I MUST do some gliding in the US as well. UK gliding scene ain't that bad either. Definitely easier to stay airborne than paragliding.

One club in Oregon does FAA glider tugging rating in their two seater Pawnee. Naturally, with about the same reqs as in here, 100 TT PPL.
I also don't think it takes so long to get to Silver badge according to the requirements I've read. (Lasham reqs for prospective tuggie).

Now I'm bit torn. Doing taildragger flying (and some C150 and C172) in Argentina next year or summer of gliding.. (Argentina is great not just for reasonable cost of flying) Having PPL would help when getting gliding training..
Another thing is if I'd be willing to do tuggie if there's such nice weather that day :-/ (for my own free flying)

Life's hard, full of decisions, innit?
----
But then, I could do some gliding training in Argentina as well. Just that European summer is Argentinian winter, ie not very good for thermals.. AAH.