PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aero addicts: chute or no chute?
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2001, 15:11
TRIMTRABB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Good thread paulo,

Looking at the circumstances of the aircraft at your school I suspect you fly from the same airfield (SW Warks?)as myself at a school up the road...Of course there may be another school with a 2160, CAP10 and Extra!!
I have just completed the AOPA course in the T67B and as the aircraft is on a (hopefully) short secondment at Oxford have been delayed in my progression to solo until the new year - To this end I have decided to buy a chute - probably a GQ -before I go off on my own . Re-packing seems to need a much consideration as purchase and the good people at Pprune have pointed me in the right direction on this. Cost can vary greatly.
Infinretirement makes some interesting points and coupled with other comments about inverted and flat spins (or both) to be honest the thought of an invterted spin (which I live through with my practice model)scares me. To this end I am going to get my instructor to give me some training in the Pitts.
Take a look at http://www.aerobaticsource.com/forums (Pattys bit)- You'll need to register but there's a thread on there about the same question. The Americans seem to be agreement with their law that they must wear one.
A conversation a few weeks ago suggested that as the 2160's seat cushions don't come out it would be a tight squeeze to get in with one on ?????
On the point of the 2160 did I read correctly that you pull aft to recover from an erect spin?
As for the PAX, I have had the same thoughts and can only conclude that I either leave it behind or let them wear it - Either one not a good answer.
The other solution which has many other benefits is to find another local aerobatic pilot who has his own shute and fly together - (The other pilot would not need to wear a shute if he didn't want to but at least he can make his 'informed decision') - Are there many other pilots at A......(??) doing the same thing. If not I know of a local T67 pilot......E-mail if we you think we can help each other...
Sorry to show my ignorance but where can I obtain 'Sport Aerobatics magazine'

Universal

[ 25 November 2001: Message edited by: TRIMTRABB ]