PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aero addicts: chute or no chute?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2001, 01:10
flickoff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vexed question this. I have only worn a chute in the US when it is compulsory, but I don't think anyone should be discouraged from wearing one. Does it make you braver and more likley to do stupid things because in the final analysis you can just abandon the a/c, or is a prudent measure against structural failure etc: discuss!

Reading Sports Aerobatics etc, perhaps the best saftey measure is spin training as lack of this is more likley to kill you than anything else. Are you TOTALLY comforatable with erect and inverted spin, flat spins both ways up, full power spins, accelerated spins with and withgout power, cross over spins knife edge spins:do you know what happens if when you apply aeilorn, elevator etc in a spin. If not go and get some decent training from someone who does. Do not **** about with a bloke who has been forced to do a few spins in a 152 for his CPL, get a good aerobatic intructor. The school I have visited in the US will not let anyone solo until they have done to their satisfaction a three or four day spin course they take it that seriously! This is available in the UK.