PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sweeping condemnation of Transport Canada's approach to aviation safety
Old 6th May 2008, 21:33
slip and turn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I feel sure the Auditor General of Canada could write a similar report about many of the first world's aviation regulators, had he the time, the inclination and the invitations to do so

They may not contract out their audits (or do they?), but how thin are the CAA's inspectorate spread, for example?

A report like this sounds a bit like the UK's Oftsed reports on individual schools. It doesn't really tell us much we haven't already guessed, and unless numerous disasters occur then I don't suppose anyone will actually achieve much with it, this year, this month or even anytime soon.

The headline says 'Sweeping Condemnation', but will it still be viewed as such in a week's time?

I hate the politics of this stuff. Why can't it just be good and stay good?

Personally I think all Financial Directors in so-called safety critical industries should be knocked down a peg or at least one arm tied behind their backs to redress the balance of commercial expediency versus the costs of being sure.