PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vnukovo Madness!!
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2008, 15:50
ExcelXLS Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi All,

I have fond memories of UUWW. Luckily when I arrived our PAX had only drank 1/2 the bottle of Dom Perignon and had not touched the canapés so the 2hr wait wasn't so bad.
I also remember the guys in the fuel bowser, god bless them. If anyone has yet to have the pleasure of being asked for beer before they fill the tanks then the advice I was given was to say "yes no problem" and have the beer ready as that is the one job you would like to make sure they do properly! And make sure they put the fuel cap back on and close the door before you give them their reward.
Maybe those fuel monkeys were trained with beer as rewards as it was cheaper than Vodka!

Has anyone had the pleasure of hotel hopping due to the lack of vacancies? I stayed at the Imperial last summer and met an American Challenger pilot who had been stuck there for weeks. It was like meeting someone who had been stranded on a desert island for a while. When he realized we spoke English, I'm sure I saw a tear out of joy. Unfortunately his Captain had gone home and he was waiting for a replacement. We then went for a well earned beer.