PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Floats in our eyes
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2008, 15:45
weloveseaplanes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fish

Gentleman thanks for the welcoming words of support. Will throw myself on your mercy and reply properly later on. The silver bird that will takes us across the Tassy to begin our seaplane honeymoon is an early worm so we've got to be at the airport by 5:30am and what do you know its already 3:30am. Sigh. Don't you just love having to check in a couple of hours before international flights

Shouldn't complain about airlines though. On the way to the wedding in Japan I was 19kg over and AirNZ left me off for free. Good on them. On the way back I was 23 kg over but just paid for 1kg over as I took pity on the poor check in lady as she was forced to explain to her superiors how we can't really charge him for the European knight's suit of armour or his flight suit, helmet, survial vest etc etc and those eight bags he had as they were essential for his traditional Japanese wedding. They all got used in the wedding too, long story there best saved for another night where you can see the photos cause we don't even believe what a crazy wedding it was . . .

Anyway I strongly recommend flashing your wedding photos at bemused check in staff as your baggage kgs start spiraling up. There are lots of good folks around and its great when you can let someone help you out.

You know its easy to express frustration at the airlines but day after they do make millions of peoples dreams come true, whisking them all over. And we thought they were just there to provide things for pilots to complain about on PPrune

With a bit of luck and this continuing flow of Ozzie seaplane information you too are making our dreams come true. Any further news about seaplane ops near you would be most appreciated and will be passed on in turn on the little seaplane website so please do tell.

Wifey's calling gentlemen so will check in later when we arrive in the land of milk and honey in a few hours.

Australian seaplanes here we come!