PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA038 (B777) Thread
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2008, 15:21
cheggersb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with Tanimbar and others who from time to time try and get the thread back on topic.

The FADEC on modern gas turbines has logic to detect comprssor stall condition.
The FADEC on most gas turbines of that generation has logic to accommodate compressor stall (fuel dipping, blead valve scheduled open etc.).
The a/c QAR catures sufficient data to enable engineers to determine if a compressor stall has occurred.
The a/c QAR and EEC both capture sufficient data for the engineers to determine if the fuel flow into the engine fuel system is less than has been demanded.
The report implies that the condition of the fuel pumps supports the theory that fuel flow from the tanks is lower than intended (suction head too low).
The report also states that despite the condition, the pumps were able to deliver full fuel flow in the correct conditions.
The official report makes no mention of core compressor icing, stall nor an reports of cor compressor damage.

I think before posting pet theories one should familiarise one's self with the facts first. Lets allow the authorities to get on with figuring why the fuel flow from the tanks was lower than it should have been despite sufficient fuel in the tanks. If anyone has new suggestions on this issue great! I think if it was easy they would have told us by now.....

If anyone wants to talk about "modified aero dynamics" - new topic?

If people want to talk about "turbine compression"....another forum