PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Beware ExPats-Korean Air 777 CASA Busts
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2008, 12:46
L1011-500

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Welcome to the world

Dream LandWelcome to Asia

Mr Dream Land,

First off , iīm a bit surprised with your comment title (Welcome to Asia)
Because you know, as far as iīm concern flying an aircraft is the same regardless of your geographic position on the globe. If you move the control column to the right, surprise, surprise the aircraft will turn to the right, and itīs not different in Asia.
You know there are different kind of persons who fly airplanes. There are PILOTS and the so called airplane drivers.
See ,PILOTS they belong to the environment, they think, they addapt themselves to whatever happens in order to bring that piece of metal with hundreds of lives in it, safely on the ground.
Do you really fully understand the concept of a SOP? You know, we can teach this beautifull thing(SOP) to a monkey and iīm pretty sure he will learn it. Will probably perform it better than you and me. But when it comes to something that itīs not written on the book, will he perform outstandingly?
Some comments with all due respect, sounded like you were a bit behind the aircraft
Hereīs another thing that iīm really confused. How can you possible say that a guy who have flown thousand of quality hours, not on silly fighter jets, on a commercial aviation, possible be behind the aircraft?
And like him a lot of other captains, and YES, I DO KNOW WHAT IīM TALKING ABOUT.
Do you understand the difference bettwen beeing behind the aicraft, and aircraft adaptation? I donīt know if a KAL aircraft requires a different adaptation to those who have ben flying the same airplane for ages in other airlines.
You have to adapt your self to the new team. I completely agree with you. But i understand that a team is made of individuals rather than robots.Different individual , different approach, same procedure. Isnīt that the base of a good instructor?
but not following taxi instructions at HKG is a deal ender on any check ride,
Do you really want to talk about this issue? If you tell me that you never misunderstood a taxi clearance or even turn on the wrong taxiway..... we are probably living different worlds . Cause see, i live in a human world, where human make and deserve to make mistakes and learn from it.
ATC itīs not GOD. They exist because, we PILOTS (not airplane drivers) fly those machines. And they are there to help us, to serve us, not the other way around.Unfortunately in Asia region people have a misconception about this. And once again , YES ,I KNOW WHAT IīM TALKING ABOUT. I fly a BIG aircraft, for a major asian company.
Itīs really sad that people that donīt have any contact with the planet earth and still share a very narrow vision about it place comment on this page with tittle like (WELCOME TO ASIA) .
Thatīs why when you guys fly abroad and get completely disrespected by ATCīs like JFK-as thousands of other examples- they tell you: WELCOME TO THE WORLD.