PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The First Step into Aviation
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2008, 09:48
jetbrett

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would suggest getting a loan, if you can make the repayments for 5 years or so by then you should have a half descent job where you can start chipping away at it, a few years later it will be gone! Sounds like a long time to be just making repayments and not paying off the loan but its not too bad.

Like someone said go a business loan or home loan, not a personal loan otherwise that 7 years may double

Otherwise if that is too hard for you, put your neck out for 12 months, get a job with a mine. They generally pay accomm and meals and a not too bad wage for even juniors (can be easily making toward $60K)

If you havent gone insane from living on a mine site you will be then able to pay for your flying from all the money you have saved. You will also be prepared for remote living if you have to move bush to pursue your flying. You may think that you are wasting time by working full time for a year but in the grand scheme of things its not that long.

Also getting off topic a bit I think you might find that there are plenty of quality flying jobs out there, flying for JQ or VB out of ML may seem like the beez neez to you now but I reckon it may change. The flying I have done in GA for the last 18 months has been very enjoyable and rewarding and the lifestyle that came with that has been just as good.

All the best, as long as you are happy the money should not matter!!

Cheers, Brett