PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is there going to be any jobs left for me? :(
Old 6th May 2008, 08:58
EK4457

Location: A place where something is or could be located; a site.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Goodness me. This thread has become even more ridiculous.

Firstly, with bollocks maths, it's impossible for us to give any serious advice. AWACS bhoy, you seem to be a confused lad.

it's a pitty your reading skills weren't as good as your maths skills,if you had read my previous posts you would have seen the breakdown:

£7000 on PPL + £3000 on IMC + £3000 on general flying = £13,000
Now, say 50 hours for PPL and 20 hours for IMC means you have spent 150 hours 'general flying' (220-50-20=150). You say this cost £3000.

3000/150= £20 per hour. It would appear that it is your maths skills that leave a little to be required.

Secondly, after you claim that you can't afford an ATPL at 17, it turns out that you are actually the only 17 y/o that I have ever known that CAN! If it is you dream to become an airline pilot and you get £34k in your lap, there should be no decision to be made. Especially since you can get hour building done for £20 per hour!

Thirdly, the age thing has been done to death. Yes people get taken on in their 40's. No it isn't very common, in fact quite difficult. Yes, you probably will have a family to look after then. No, you will not be as flexible. If that's the way it works out, then so be it, but I certainly would not plan it that way.

Finally,

No two days in the forces are the same and that's what appeals to me, civilians have life experiences soldiers experience life.
Been reading the glossy brochure?

Moral has never been lower. Living conditions never worse. Living in a bunk bed and eating in a mess tent.

I see the Armed Forces marketing dept is working well.

EK