PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Label Handoff and Frequency Change Question
Old 6th May 2008, 04:29
ferris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dave, I read your post that if jurisdiction isnt accepted, then you have to vector around the airspace. So the question was for ANSA. (as an aside, does that ever happen?)
Yeah, I can see what you want to happen, but I just dont see how it will work in practice. IMHO, the acceptance of jurisdiction was primarily designed for freq management, and you appear to want to use it for capacity management. I dont see, in practical terms, how non-acceptance would work (even from North to west, as you describe- unless all aircraft are held by north, and only released after acceptance by west). If adopting the US model as described below, not accepting a handoff proposal just leads to co-ordination (and then vectoring {how would that work???}). Do you want that if you are at capacity? I dont believe you can look at parts of another system in isolation. You need the whole picture.
On your other point about freq management, with one flashing on your eastern boundary- what if there isnt one on the western boundary for you to pitch? I think a re-think of the Great Dane ruleset (which are stupid and ill-conceived arse-covering) is required before you try and make your new system fit the old rules. If thats not in your remit- then I guess you'll just have to make do, so it doesnt matter which way you do it. IMHO.
With the future in mind, capacity management really needs a re-think (and yes, everyone who has ever worked there has said the same thing).

And yes, this idea that you should try and get the aircraft off your frq asap, even if halfway across your patch, is interesting.