PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "break, Break"
Thread: "break, Break"
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2008, 21:23
Say Again, Over!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AirNoServiceAustralia,

I am listening... are you?

I do indeed believe that a pilot's situational awareness is extremely important. Please do not make me say things I'm not. As far as my being only concerned about my right to speak French and not safety, well I could turn that right back at you.

If you re-read my previous posts, you will see that I argue about the safety of having a clear pilot-ATC channel. I think THAT is safe more often than relying on a pilot's SA, even though I agree that it is important. As a controller, my SA is actually important too! I'm willing to trade a bit of yours for a bit of mine.

My point about Sydney was obviously poorly made. Are departures on a different frequency than arrivals? If not then never mind. If they are re-read my posts about two airplanes in close proximity on different freqs.

One thing we agree on though: the point as been made again and again and some people will never agree.

I apologize for hi-jacking the thread. This is my last post on the issue.

I'll now go back to almost killing people by using two languages.

If you're ever on the other side of the planet, our side, let me know. I'll do my best to use english then we can duke it out in some parking lot!

Cheers,

SAO
CYOW TCU