PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Would the cancellation of FLynx be the end of the Army Air Corps?
Old 5th May 2008, 18:53
HEDP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The FLynx requirement became laughable when the endorsed requirement was to carry a fully equipped standard infantry section.

When pointed out to those presenting to a Wattisham Lynx audience that this would not be possible with the current contender the requirement appeared to be re-written on the spot with the quote "well thats okay, it can do that, just send two aircraft"!

I think many Lynx pilots enjoy flying the beast but those whom have been around for a few years know many a widow who the machine hath made.

Concern was expressed about the low speed handling qualities when the AUM was originally increased with inferences made in accident reports that this was a factor in some accidents. Sufficient concern existed that guidance be given to pilots regarding the adverse handling effects.

It is my understanding that a further increase in AUM has been made and just wonder whether this has cured the adverse handling effects or indeed exascerbated them?

Has the design incorporated any meaningful surviveability enhancements or would we get a civilian design adapted for the battlefield? I know which i would prefer.