PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Steve Hislop killed in helicopter accident: threads merged
Old 5th May 2008, 15:22
212man

Received 363 Likes on 204 Posts
I do not doubt or challenge the accuracy of GPS information if it interpreted correctly
What, like deriving the position, groundspeed, track and altitude? What else would you like to interpret? It works well enough to put Mach 3 bombs through windows, I'm sure it can give a reasonable estimation of a 120 kt helicopter's last minute or two.

Ok, so we all agree then, he was not reacting to a late sighting of a fast jet/Chinook/UFO, he was not plagued by unhelpful instinctive throttle responses as a result of his motorcycle experience, and the weather was crap (which is a bad thing for low hour PPLs,) and maybe the reference to the ex-MOD AAIB investigator was a red herring.

Remind me - what exactly was the discussion/disagreement about, other than "low hour PPL inadvertently enters IMC and loses control and may or may not have chopped the tail boom of in his attempted recovery." Oh, yes he did, oh no he didn't....ad infinitum.