PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LONDON CITY - 2
Thread: LONDON CITY - 2
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2008, 14:07
Cloud1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually yes you are entitled to compensation. It is highly unlikely that CityJet have rescheduled your flights days in advance due to extraordinary circumstances.

Because your flights have been canceled, you are entitled to compensation as they do not appear to have provided the minimum of 14 days notice. The only caution I can give however is, working in this area, it is not uncommon for travel agents to withhold this information from the passenger. If CityJet could prove they contacted your travel agent more than 14 days before you were due to fly, you are not 'entitled' to compensation however this would be very impressive (and clever) bearing in mind you made your reservation on April 30 for flights at the beginning of May (therefore not allowing 14 days in the beginning)

Usually airlines will only offer a refund so the fact that they have offered some other flights is a good start. Its just unfortunate that your own personal circumstances prevent you from using the new flights.

I have had to correct virginblue statements before concerning schedule changes. Look through the terms and conditions of your flight and I bet you will find wording saying that your booking does not form part of a contract. This is standard with airlines to get them out of such things and I know that the company I work for also have this in the small print.