PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Label Handoff and Frequency Change Question
Old 5th May 2008, 13:28
AirNoServicesAustralia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ayrprox, maybe it's a misunderstanding due to the use of the term handoff. There is no phone call involved. It is a system handoff, ie. designate the aircraft on your radar, press the HND key select the sector from the drop down menu and it will flash on the receiving sector screen, he presses ACC to accept the aircraft, it then flashes on the handing off sectors screen to say that the handoff has been accepted, and you then transfer the aircraft.

There were a lot of things in the new system I expected to have to fight about, funnily enough this one wasn't one of them. To me it makes perfect sense but I am going on here expecting to be told I am wrong and that's fine but I need to know what the usual practice is around the world.

Thanks for the feedback so far.

BluSkye as I said to you previously, I can see the point about handoff of label equalling hand off of control but that needs to be worked on for each sector to make sure the route structure between routes accomodates that, and what sort of release of control that entails, eg. all turns left or right, turns left and right up to 20 degrees, 45 degrees, just vertical release etc.

We have to walk before we can run. We have been barely crawling all these years with the Watchkeeper system remember. Cheers.