PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Profit Share....
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2008, 13:00
mini cooper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Over the past few years the pay rise has been announced on or around the 18 - 24 May, in 2007 they were so worried they announced it in Jan 2007!!

Don't know whether they are waiting to the last minute to see if anything changes but it should be announced towards the end of May.
I'm sure they have already decided what to give. However if they show any common sense theywill realise that the package that EK gives is not as good as it used to be. They need to increase the package for everyone especially taking into account the looming shortages of ground staff and office workers who can all get better packages at other companiues in Dubai, I think someone told me recently that a GR2s basic pay has only increased by 600dirhams over the last 15+years. EK is NOT the premier company it used to be in relation to pay and package and that is blatantly obvious. They have a chance to really impress everyone with a decent pay increase on the BASIC pay, not the add ons - but don't hold your breath!!!

PS I think the bonus was reaslistic this year and was pleasantly surprised by it!!