PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Label Handoff and Frequency Change Question
Old 5th May 2008, 12:28
BlueSkye

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I personally think that means that the handoff of label is irrellevant as my understanding of the use of handoff of label is to propose a handoff and if that is clean with other traffic and I am in a position frequency or workload wise to accept the aircraft, I accept it, and as such expect the frequency transfer to follow
No, it's not a proposition, it's a handoff in the full sense. Transfer of comms and jurisdiction, which means turn, climb or descend. And it's not a case of "if it's clean with other traffic," it will be clean with other traffic. The responsibility lies with the transferring sector, not the receiving sector. How long must I wait if you don't accept the handoff? 10, 20, 30 seconds? Or must I call and ask if you can accept after the third attempt, which renders the whole procedure moot. What about transfers from APP or adjacent FIRs?

I also think the the discussion should include what happens after the handoff. If you want to introduce some radical new ideas, introduce the complete release idea, as is the case in SA for the last 25 years.

Besides ANSA, expect some fierce resistance from down the passage when it comes to approval time. Regardless of the proposal.