PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blocked Eustachian Tube
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2008, 11:46
Hufty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
True, but according to my ENT geezer he has seen patients with fluid in the ear who have had it done then the fluid doesn't return. He was at a loss to explain why though when I asked!

With the TMJ stuff, my physio told me that my jaw joint was fine but my muscles were messed up.....so I guess that you can have the symptoms without being diagnosed with TMD??

I couldn't find much on the catheters really.....seems like it has fallen out of favour as a method of treatment....it does seem like a suspiciously good idea though?!

Personally, I've been around in circles with all this....still no nearer a solution despite all the research and doctors.

I am going to call that guy in the US this week from the headaches.com site....I don't get headaches either but he seems to talk about jaw, muscle and ligament stuff associated with ear "fullness" etc... I reckon it is worth a call. I have been seeing a chiropractor (a good one) too. I saw one last year and she managed to make my symptoms worse...they also moved from the right side to the left. Under this new guy they have moved back! My GP gets frustrated when I tell him this as he maintains there is no link but this is the same guy who told me "...you know more about ENT issues than I do."