PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment IV
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2008, 07:46
missHolly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When u go to either an open day or assessment day the first thing they focus on is appearance. wear a smart suit, tie your hair back neatly and be well groomed. what i found to be a good idea as sometimes, especially at open days there are so many people, I wore a beige suit, wore a red ribbon in my hair and reddish lipstick. (similar to what crew uniform is) this makes u stand out a little more as normally everyone wears a black suit.
SMILE, interact with the other people there.
u will do like most other airlines a group activity, mine was discussing how we would organise a day excursion for a group of children with disabilities. for this they r not looking for right or wrong answers but how u interact with others. the final interview is quite intense, but this is where u need to shine. smile!!! ask questions and be prepared for the questions they will ask,what i found really helpful was i googled interview questions + it gave u a list of popular ones + how to go about answering them. a few i remember are: what r your weaknesses, strengths, Name a time when u were given positive + negative feed back from ur manager in a previous job and how u put their advice into action , name a time when u slightly broke the rules in a job in order to deliver great customer service (be careful with this one as it can't be too against company policies!), why u want to work for Emirates specifically, name a time u had a negative experience with a fellow colleague and how u dealt with this, name a time when u have gone an extra mile for a customer. name a time u have had to deal with an aggressive or complaining customer, what happened and how u dealt with this. Name a time you put yourself out for a colleague in need.
thats all i can remember for now, hope this helps some of you!! they do want these questions answered in detail and do ask for specific scenario's.
As for Dubai yes there are some negative aspects but so far i have had an amazing experience and wouldn't change it for anything and the friends i have made are some of the best friends ever!! your life over here is what u make it, and hey something interesting + different living in the middle east!!! :-) Good luck to u all!! hope i have been of some help!