PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - European Business Jets
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2008, 21:21
ExcelXLS Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Silverhawk,

To explain my comment on being unable to work until my cheque cleared meant that I did not have the available funds to allow me to get to work and pay for fuel to get to the airport, parking which can be expensive, food when away from home and emergency funds should 1 day turn to 2 days work. I was based in Exeter so that I could position to Guernsey or Edinburgh on Flybe. I did have to drive to London on a few occasions and this did cost a few quid. Return trip in my car to Biggin Hill was about £100, plus I had to pay another £120 to drive to Cambridge for a 1 hour meeting with Mr PQ. When I drove to Farnborough to have an interview with TAG they reimbursed me the money I had spent on fuel to get there.

I am not out to say anything malicious towards EBJ or anyone, just what I have experienced and heard. I do not have any hard feelings about leaving, I was just a little disappointed and frustrated with what was happening. Some people in EBJ were very helpful and supportive, and I hope other people will have a better experience working for them.

From reading Flight international today EBJ are looking for an FO on a Falcon 2000LX and a FO for a Mustang in Dublin. They are paying 50,000 euros on the Falcon and 30,000 euros on the Mustang. EBJ will be managing these aircraft and they are operating them privately.

If anyone working for EBJ at the moment on the XLS fleet reads my post and thinks that it is now not entirely accurate I would appreciate a response or a private message.

Last edited by ExcelXLS Driver; 4th May 2008 at 22:04.