PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "break, Break"
Thread: "break, Break"
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2008, 18:13
AirNoServicesAustralia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You are not listening Say Again.

Going into Sydney there will be no need to ask what the aircraft aroud you are doing, because they are all speaking a language everyone can understand. That along with referring to the TCAS, allows the good pilots out there to maintain a level of situational awareness that is broken down where calls cannot be understood by all pilots in that piece of sky.

As I said before, you will argue this no matter what, so there is no point even trying. The bottom line is, whether you think situational awareness of pilots is important or whether you think pilots should just blindly only listen to calls for them and nothing else, you won't change your mind because this for you is not about aviation and the safety of aviation, this all comes down to being French (sorry French Canadian) and being allowed to speak that language if you choose. The reality is the rest of the world has accepted that English is the common international aviation language and is the common denominator of all units all over the world.

The thing that amazes me is you object to a pilot querying where another aircraft is due to the call being made in a language he can't understand. I would have thought that it is his right as a customer whose backside is on the line if it all goes bad to ask such a question. If I get asked such a question I will always workload and frequency congestion permitting, answer the question. Won't you?