Old 4th May 2008, 17:54
Say Again, Over!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Davecr,

You fly to France a lot? Here it is in french:

"AFxxxx autorisé à atterrir piste ZZ."

Voilà! How difficult is that?

AirNoServiceAustralia,

Sorry but your request that the controller let you know where everybody is that doesn't speak your language is not only childish but itself even more dangerous. I keep reading on this site about how frequency congestion is an accident waiting to happen and you propose to add to it to make a point? I see you're truuuuuly concerned about safety.

I KNOW: Next time you fly into Heathrow, or Sydney, request to know where everybody is. As you arrive, demand to know where all the departures are and where they are going. After all, they might fly close to you and, never mind another language, they're not even on the same frequency as you! That has got to be more dangerous, right?

Is that where we are headed? Working Heathrow and all international terminals on ONE SINGLE FREQUENCY so that everybody knows where everybody else is?

Toronto, has two parallel ILSs worked on two separate frequencies. Should we revise that? Being on different freqs has to be even more dangerous than speaking two languages, right?

Canoehead.... Je pense que je te connais.... initiales?

And for ANSA:

Canoehead... I think I know you... initials?