PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singaporeair Captain recruitment
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2008, 12:39
expat400

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MC

Have you really gone through all my posts on PPRune? Amazing...

"You have complained about rostering going from bad to worse.
You have complained about lack of private life making a lot of people unhappy"

Those two refer to rostering don't they? I stand behind that critique as said.

"You have complained about the amount of positioning in economy saying it is unsustainable"

Can't remember that. I have never felt that the paxing is a problem since I've mostly done it in First or Business. Which post are you referring to?

" You have complained about the need for more vacation"

I remember saying that mainline is better because they have more vacation but have I "complained about the need"? If I have, ok, but please show me where?

" You have complained about staff travel"

Of course! So have everyone in both SIA and SIA Cargo!

" You have said the job is only for bachelors (or you will become one)"

That one I remember. But you need to read more carefully. That comment was regarding a commuting contract in the Middle East with six weeks on two weeks off. Nothing to do with SIA Cargo.

"Expat packages used to include free accommodation and utilities but as T & C's go down they are becoming more rare. My first two expat positions did just that with 8 weeks leave as well.This mean't one could keep one's own home if required or to let out as personal circumstances dictate."

Yes, and the gas used to be 50 cent per gallon. You could have sex without getting HIV etc etc.

Maybe you should change your "I'm glad I'm not there" to "I'm glad I'm old enough to have experienced a different era".

Look around, the package in SIA or SIA Cargo is not a bad expat contract. Of course it cannot be compared with major airlines in Europe but on the other side you can't get a DEC position there so...