PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anyone recruiting?
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2008, 11:47
pilotbear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with the last paragraph entirely, that is how I got my first jet job. Only stop calling when they tell you to FO. Get the name of the receptionist, assistant etc and try to recognize them on the phone when you speak each time and spend a few minutes chatting with them, make notes on them etc. Then when your name comes up in the office they will say 'oh yes he seems nice' or they might slip your CV to the top of the pile etc.

The first one I don't agree with, if you want to be a doctor you pay a lot of money then you work long hrs for ****e money. If you need to pay for the first one so be it, if you are bonded for a couple of years that is good as it is a couple of years guaranteed work.
I offered to pay for my first type rating to the point where I had the course booked but then the company saw the light of having a bonded person to protect their continuity and investment....
Companies are not gagging for pilots they are gagging for experienced Captains, or people they can fast track to Captain. FO's are only there as a legal requirement otherwise there hostie would sit there between meals
Therefore, you have to come across as a potential Captain, a decision maker, a good communicator, a team player.

You have to speculate to accumulate. Yes I have had a hard time, at one point my wife and I had bin liners up at the windows as we could not afford curtains, had only half a kitchen for 5 yrs and I had three jobs while studying.
It took a few years to get a good job but now I am doing great with T&C exactly as I want it and lots of dosh for six months work a year.
I really have no time for people who tell you not to do things and don't care what they think either

Take in all the 'advice' solicited or not and do whatever you think you need to do. You will get what you want....

now where is that stepladder, this three story soapbox is making me dizzy