PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where to from here? Any advice?
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2008, 10:42
VortexGen300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whereto?

Hey Annette

I'm in the same boat. But I don't even have 1/2 a rating, as I was on the 767, and altough we completed the technical, and some of the ground courses, a couple of hours before we were due to fly out to the UK for the sim training, everything was cancelled without explaination.

I can't say that I have ever felt this much like quiting aviation and working as a waitress somewhere... Although I have sent out a number of CV's again, it will probably be months before anything happens. Tomorrow I'm off to instruct again, but at the current cost of everything and what we earn as instructors, it almost feels like it will make more financial sense to sit at home...

Not a word from Nationwide. Chatherine is the only one who at least kept in contact, but I think she probably knows about as much as we do...

I did not even get my month's training pay...

So now what? What next? Besides taking my family beyond break-point with my silly ideas of being a mom and airline pilot, is it even worth continuing. I have not yet netted a cent out of flying. Its the cost of getting the CPL licence, every bloody conversion, the instructors ratings, instructor conversions, travelling, baby-sitters, licence fees, medicals... Earning peanuts as an instructor... getting a break and then having the carpet pulled out... Maybe it is time to quit... Cut my losses...
I am really sorry about you and the other at Nationwide - but are you going to let this asshole steal more than your money from you???

No he can't steal your dream - go for it - I am sure the people at Link, SAX, SAA, Mango, 1Time, Comair are probably looking at the prospect of finding crews and newbies from the Nationwide fiasco.

Lets face it - you have come this far and this is probably not the first oak that has dropped you big time? why give this the opportunity to come and cause you to drop this wonderful career - it is not worth it.

Friends of mine got into a similar situation in 2001 when they were flying for a guy and he also dropped them overnight without their last months salaries - nothing! He even had the cheek to claim their training bonds after a while? - Well they all sent him to discuss the matter with their lawyer while they got in to Link, SAX, Comair and SAA.

And guess what they have never looked back!

I trust something good will come out of this - even if it is just one less asshole in aviation stuffing up peoples' lives?

Good luck
VG300