PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Birthday snaps
Thread: Birthday snaps
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2008, 09:12
Al R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great shots there.. like most, I have one or two faves.

I'm sure that Tim would be the first to debate robust, candid and constructive feedback/criticism. Someone with his talent has got the skills to debate his art with confidence I think. And as a consequence, its not unfair for board members to come to expect more of artists like him, to aspire to those standards (I certainly do) and apply it to their own work, to discuss it at an appripriate level and to be able to move the bar onwards and upwards.. because isn't that what its all about too?

Lets not shoot a messenger simply because he's not on message. There's a fine line between genuine appreciation and people falling overthemselves in an attempt to deliver a litany of superlatives (I wouldn't mind a few though).

I sometimes wish we had a sticky here, where new fots could be viewed and technical and artistic merits debated (properly?). Is there somewhere else in the pprune empire for this? If so, apologies - I have 2 pprune chapters saved onto 'faves', and thats it. I'm sure that you'd get more in-house cross pollination, the traffic would justify its presence, and adgoogle would love it too.

(with apologies to Seldom for being retired and getting one post nearer to 1000 posts in under 12 months)