PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cessna 340 - lookin' for advice...
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2008, 05:36
lostpianoplayer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your answer, B2N2

Thanks for this. I think you're right, about ferrying v crating, and will do it that way. One fella on D&G pointed out the same thing - AND volunteered to help with the ferrying!

Re VMC, I want to be clear about the fact that this is NOT an argument - I just want to learn, so please do consider my question in that context. (I've seen too many Q's on Pprune deteriorate into e-yelling matches, and that's not where I'm coming from - I'm in no way an expert on twin ops, and don't know enough to authoritatively start an argument anyway So, my further Q is:

Yes, I understand the definition of VMC. I also understand why trying to continue to fly below VMC is likely to result in some version of the scenarios you've outlined. What I don't understand is why, if you were hair-triggered to cut power on the live engine, as close as humanly possible, as well as applying immediate opposite rudder (aileron?), then wouldn't the removal of the live power remove the roll/yaw immediately, and thus turn it into a common-or-garden engine failure situation? (I know, more speed and intertia than a single, so less survivable, but still much more survivable than going in w/o wings level...) ?

Also, a minor addition - I understand the effect of the after market VG kit, which is fitted to this aircraft, is to reduce VMC to very close to VS. Does that make a difference?

Your thoughts welcomed.