PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SLF getting worse?
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2008, 23:31
AirborneSoon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've noticed that people are no where more stressed than at the airport. Why? I have no idea. But it just seems to me that it's a habit to rush everywhere and get about constantly stressed. I have also noticed everywhere that people love to blame anything but themselves for their levels of stress.

Office workers turn up to their coffee bar everyday already late then blame the cafe worker for making them late for their meeting. Good one. Passengers get to the airport 30 secs before boarding closes then throw a hissy fit because they now have to rush. Something in the world not as you would like it? No problem just yell at the next person you meet. It won't change anything but at least you'll feel justified in acting like a 5 year old.

I love it that the price of air travel is more affordable now than it's ever been. But someone didn't get the message that it's more affordable now because we've now made (cheap) flying a bit like a McDonalds experience. No frills decor, basic comforts and a product that just passes the requirement. Sometimes I think the airlines themselves are to blame for not setting the expectation right. It sure does sell seats when you advertise a ticket for $39 with a glossy ad featuring well dressed FA's and a customer sipping wine. The reality though is that seat is more akin to the one on a public bus. Maybe if they advertised it with the pax standing up holding onto a handrail then the expectation for food, wine and a first class experience wouldn't be there....just a thought.

I'm very much of the opinion that an economy ticket should be an economy experience and that the first class experience is the privilege of those who wish to pay for it.