PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is there going to be any jobs left for me? :(
Old 3rd May 2008, 18:11
AWACS_bhoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is there going to be any jobs left for me? :(

Hi guys I am new to the forum as you can see, this is only my first post so hello to you all.

I’m 17 years old and living it up in "sunny" Scotland. I am due to start Initial Officer Training in the Royal Air Force on November 16th 2008 and upon successful completion, progression on to my 2cnd phase of training to become a Fighter Control Officer (no mole jokes please) lol.I have signed a PC (permanent commission) so I’ll be discharging when I am 40 if all goes well.

It has always been a life long ambition of mine to become an airline pilot and I still intend to capture this dream, but I have my concerns.

Will an airline take me on at 40?i currently hold a PPL and IMC with around 220 hours under my belt. I intent to continue flying, in my spare time, while I am in the RAF and progress through the training syllabus i.e. next step ME rating, then on to CPL and ATPL, so that I can hopefully walk in to a cockpit job when I discharge from the RAF. Is this a good idea or will I be wasting my money? What are the alternatives?

Any help you boys and girls can give me would be gratefully appreciated

Thanks in advance,