PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad upgrades are on A320
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2008, 17:32
Relief

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EY346Driver

“In closing I would really like to wish you and all the other guys all the best. I have no gripe with you, I'm just trying to say that there is nothing wrong with a Command on the A320. Look forward to it, it's a new rating and frankly a very popular one that can nowadays land you any job you like.”
I wish I could accept your wishes but then again…
…What if I already have the rating? What if I was already a Captain on the A320 or any other narrow body jet before I joint EY. What if I have chosen EY based on what was promised and on what was on offer at that time. Maybe I did not join as a Captain simply because I did not met the requirements for a wide body DEC at that time. You see is not that simple.

“DEC's like myself should only cover excess command requirements that command upgrades cannot cover.”

For once we both agree on something. Unfortunately once again there are ZERO (0) upgrades for May while DECs are still arriving in big numbers. Our training department is very busy clearing DECs instead of upgrading FOs. Mind you this is applicable to all fleets including the 320.