PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FEAST test EUROCONTROL
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2008, 12:57
elcrusoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just my two cents!!!

Hey guys/gals,

I just want to let you guys know that well just cuz u don't past the Feast test at Eurocontrol doesn't mean anything on your capabilities to actually become an ATCO. The test is a good judgement if you will be capable of acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to perform well.

However from my experience i took the Feast test 2 years ago for Eurocontrol. Prior to that i had 4 years of military ATCO, controlling multiple types of A/c and civilian cargo. And well i didn't make it past the 1st stage of testing even with experience. And sadly when i requested feedback well i was directed in circles. I was fairly curious what made me a bad candidate...knowing my past experience but i never received any and just gave up.

Now i am a ATCO in Florida working well 6200 square miles of airspace with god forbid no structure what so all due to all the pilot training academies and the beautiful weather to fly in, mixing that with commercial and military activity it can get pretty ugly in the room.

But i just want u guys/gals know that if ATCO is really what u wanna do well you should not give up a goal just because of a test at a certain company. If i gave up well i would not be where i am right now.

And well maybe by getting somewhere else in the future with the chaos currently worldwide of controller shortage maybe in the future you will be able to return to Eurocontrol with experieence under the belt.

All i gotta say is do not give up ok....the jobs is awesome and we need people!!!!

Best of luck,

PN