PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How important is a University degree?
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2008, 09:25
adwjenk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

I found that when I finished flight training the fact that I did not have a University degree did not hinder me in anyway. I got asked the typical question 'why did you decided against University?' at one of the interviews I had, but that was to be expected.
Overall I made my new mates at flight school and think we are a dam sight closer and have a better understanding of one another due to the fact we all have the same interest and have the same goal, that is to get that shiny blue book and hopefully a job at the end.
I would not rule out Uni especially if you are not sure flying is 110% for you, since it will give you a possibility of a back up (which I do not have) and a great experience from what my friends have told me! But in my personal opinion nothing can beat the fun of doing what I love the most and flying.
I have had the time of my life during training and do not regret it one bit and a degree is not essential but do look into it like I did incase something goes wrong (medical or funding wise), and if you really really want to fly and you know after Uni you would head straight into flight training, then why delay the process!

Feel free to PM if you have any questions

All the best