PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Microsoft Vista
Thread: Microsoft Vista
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2008, 08:10
Rossian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vista as we go along.

Further to my post #7 - AL1. This morning SWMBO came rushing through in a panic "Mayday!!
When she switched the computer on it came on in its "fresh-out-of-the-box mode"; all the data she'd spent hours putting in, address book, new accounts system,Firefox, photos etc all apparently gone. I tried system restore (which seems to be less flexible than that in XP) and it came up with an error notice that the restore had failed and did I want to try again. I was just about to launch into it when Madame noticed that all the icons were back in place and a couple of quick checks showed everything back to normal. Any ideas out there as to a cause? In my advancing years my heart can't stand many more 0630 shakings awake and panic cries for help with systems I don't REALLY understand. Maybe it's an aircrew thing - my mate who is still flying says that the commonest phrase heard on the flight decks of today is "what the bl66dy hell is it doing NOW??" (as opposed to the captain looking up from his crossword and asking "Was that for us?").
The Ancient Mariner