PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AIR MAURITIUS Exodus
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2008, 06:32
inchallah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good One

LocAlive, yes I can see how you could come up with the conclusion that I left because I didnt pass the command selection.

However, your assumptions are not far from the truth. I left because I couldnt see myself getting a chance for a long time at command. All the National guys are now approaching their chance and it is their airline, so they should be given that chance. I felt that I would be pushed further down the line and perhaps that opportunity might never come to me.

Another thing was watching certain guys getting through the command course who let's just say anywhere else they would be lucky to hold on to a FO position, that includes the expats too.

And yes I dont think you will change my mind about pleasing a smaller pilot group. Im sure many would have their own ways to run companies and so on, but I strongly believe it is much easier to negotiate with a small pilot group in a small airline that the opposite. I am talking from experience. Nevertheless you are going to have guys who will complain but i feel you can please the majority in a small group.